The sport is great fun for both horse and rider, very spectator friendly too! If you fancy doing something different with your horse that tests his abilities and functionality this is for you. Are you Interested in Working Equitation? Don’t know how to start or what the requirements are of you or your horse? Intimidated by the word “Equitation”? We can help!
Randy walks the talk and draws from skills and techniques that he has spent 35 years developing and experimenting with. Having ridden thousands of horses, from putting first rides on colts, to winning 3 Regional Championships and the IALHA 2013 National WE Championship, to improving the carriage and lightness of Grand Prix horses, you can be sure Randy has the experience to help increase the level that you and your horse are currently working at.!
- One or two day clinics are available.
- Introduction to or an overview of: WE general rules, 12 most common obstacles, dressage test, concepts, principles, and terms. (1-3 hour group riders meeting and presentation)
- Introduction to what is expected in “WE phases” and what judges are looking for. (1-3 hour group riders meeting)
- Semi-private individual one-on-one lessons (30 minutes)
- Group lesson, making practical application to the concepts learned earlier in the day. (3 hours)
- Finaly, a full mock-up schooling show to put it all together.
I don’t consider a clinic successful until each rider has a firm understanding of the concepts of WE and they each individually improved something with their horse. Regardless of how good we think our horses are, we still do not have a “Perfect Horse”. Every horse and rider can improve something and that is what I will do! “Guaranteed!”